How To Easily Sew A Button On A Coat
- Choose the appropriate button size and style for your coat. Ensure the button is large enough to securely fasten the coat but not too large that it looks awkward.
- Cut a length of thread around 12 inches long, thread it through the eye of the needle and tie a knot at the end.
- Position the button where you want it to be on the coat. You can use a pin to mark the spot.
- Start sewing the button from the back of the coat, push the needle through one of the holes in the button and through the coat fabric. Pull the thread through until the knot catches on the coat.
- Push the needle through the opposite hole in the button and through the fabric, pulling the thread taut. Repeat this process through each hole in the button, sewing it firmly in place.
- Once the button is securely attached, tie a knot at the back of the coat and cut the thread.
- If the coat has a lining, ensure you don't sew the lining to the outer fabric by keeping your stitches only on the outer fabric.
- To make the button stronger and more secure, you can reinforce it by sewing through the button and the coat a few times before tying a knot.
- If you are unsure about the placement of the button, try the coat on and mark the spot where the button should go while you are wearing it.